[sw-l] Re: Country and Language Codes, and standardization with ISO

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 28 20:09:36 UTC 2004

If you were to use SGN-US, alone, you miss PSD (the Ethnologue designation for Plains Indian Sign Language).  Just as Canada has more than one sign language, so does the US, ASL is Deaf-related, PSD is intertribal-related.  I don't know if PSD is used in intertribal convocations all over North America or not.

How about SGN-CA-ASL, SGN-CA-LSQ, SGN-US-ASL, SGN-US-PSD.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
September 28, 2004

Wonderful to have support from a member of the Deaf Community. Thank
you, Stuart!!

Val ;-)