[sw-l] Positioning on the Body

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Tue Sep 7 03:05:51 UTC 2004

Hi Sandy,

If you go to http://www.signbank.org you will see the option for Sign
Puddle.  http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle

Click on the British flag for BSL.  This will take you to
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/SGN-GB.

Thanks to comments from Val, Sign Puddle has gone verticle.  Scroll down and
you will see an option called Create on the left.  Clicking will take you to
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/SGN-GB/create.php.  Here you can create
new signs for BSL.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen, you should notice 6
flags bottom center.  These flags are linked to the other Sign Puddle
dictionaries.

If there is a link on signwriting.org that points to the wrong page, please
tell us about it and it will be fixed.  The dictionary link does point
incorrectly and should be fixed.

Stephen Slevinski
www.oculog.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Sandy Fleming
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 2:07 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] Positioning on the Body

Hi Folks!

I'm trying to write the sign for "Caesarian birth", but I need to know how
to position the signs (for 'incision' and 'born') in such a way as to show
that these are on the stomach rather than the more usual positioning for
'born'.

It's not that I can't think of a few ways of doing this, it's just that they
seem a bit clumsy. I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest the most usual
way of doing this sort of thing.

By the way, I went to the SignWriting site to add some more signs to the
British dictionary, but it seems to be pointing at the American dictionary.
Can this be fixed? Also, can we still add signs? I don't see any way of
doing it now.

Thanks!!

Sandy Fleming

---