[sw-l] Post Hurricane Frances (pre-Hurricane Ivan)

Tue Sep 7 14:26:19 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 7, 2004

Dear Joel -
Thanks for this swift reply....These hurricanes have been awful. I
think you have every right to complain! I would, if I were you...How
ironic, just when you got the five sign-language-related lists up and
running, and all those other servers too, then the hurricanes came and
you had to shut it all down. That must be a big job for only 5 people
(or 4), to then set up 130 servers again...And then there is the fear a
third hurricane is coming now...

So we are the ones, who do not have a right to complain...We are lucky
to have a SignWriting List at all!...

So thanks for placing our little request in your "to-do list". Please
forgive my requesting one more thing from you...We can wait as long as
we must...And yes...I know the graphics appear in the Archives - Thank
you! That is a wonderful feature and it makes the Archive come alive
for us...

So now we will go back to posting written sign language messages to
each other - what a joy!!

And by the way, if you have to shut the Lists down again because of
another hurricane, we will understand...better to be safe...

Val ;-)