[sw-l] British Sign Language Flag in SignPuddle

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Sep 8 21:02:38 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 8, 2004

Hello Everyone!
That isn't true, Stephen...Michael Everson, who works for the ISO, and
I, worked on this issue for years. There are lots of sign language
codes now...thanks to our work together. I actually funded some of
them...that is a long story...That is what you are using right
now...the SGN-GB is the sign language code for British Sign Language.
And it is officially established... Please look at this official web
page:

Sign Language Codes
http://www.signwriting.org/forums/software/unicode/unicod01.html

and...

PDF] ISO Codes for Sign Languages
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... by Deaf and hearing people, have been provided with an identifying
code in ISO
  639-2, the International Standard which specifies 3-letter codes to
identify the ...
  www.signwriting.org/archive/ docs1/sw0033-Sign-Language-Codes.pdf -
Similar page

Val ;-)