[sw-l] An important new tool for people to SignWrite long distance

Fri Sep 10 23:04:03 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 10, 2004

Dear SW List, Kevin Clark, Stuart Thiessen, and Roger Downey:
Thank you for the excellent message below, Roger. Recently, two Deaf
co-workers, Kevin Clark and Stuart Thiessen, encouraged me to get a
D-Link video phone (or perhaps another kind) so that I could present
SignWriting face to face with students, for example, in Kevin's
classes, using Sign Language, while explaining SignWriting. So I was
already planning to do this. Last week, Kevin wrote to me asking when
he could schedule our video-conference with his students?.....I hadn't
gotten the equipment yet! So Rodney, you wrote just at the right
moment...I hope to write by Monday with a decision...What a wonderful
world we live in!! I think teaching SignWriting directly through
video-conferencing is going to be our future...a way to teach around
the world without leaving our homes...I am on a Macintosh, and I know
that Apple has some equipment as well...for example, perhaps the iSight
Camera might go well with videoconferencing?....so I hope by Monday to
have a decision on which equipment to buy...Meanwhile, Rodney, I
visited your site briefly and I look forward to studying it
further...It looks good....Many thanks everyone, and have a great
weekend -  Val ;-)