[sw-l] My first video conference call ;-)

Mon Sep 20 19:12:31 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 20, 2004

SUCCESS!

Stuart Thiessen and I just had a wonderful conversation on the video
phone!! My first...and I loved it...and I learned a lot too...THANK
YOU, Stuart, for helping me!

I learned that because I am sharing the internet connection with BOTH
the video phone and our web server, that my picture looked choppy or
jerky, because I was sharing bandwidth with the web server. The two
were competing with each other. So Stuart suggested that I either
increase the bandwidth, or perhaps get a separate internet connection
for video conferencing, so I will research that...

Someday we will have classes in SignWriting on the video phone...I am
sure of it...and it will give students direct communication with
teachers...which means so much!

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org

Videophone: