[sw-l] Please test new SignMaker with Drag and Drop

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Wed Sep 22 12:49:02 UTC 2004

Stephen,

That is fun!  I had a blast dragging things around when testing.  A few
observations/comments:

1. Sometimes I dragged a symbol to the box and then I decided I didn't
want it.  I had to clear everything and start over rather than just drag
it to a "trash".

2. The composition box and the vertical separation line on the page
overlapped.  I'm using a 19" monitor and Netscape 7.1.

3. I found myself wishing I could use keys on my keyboard to rotate symbols.

4. Lining up two faces to make a composite face needed a bit of skill.
I wanted to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to fine-tune the alignment.

5. Some of the symbols didn't have a transparent background.  I noticed
this with the bars in the lower right of the main menu.

6. Sometimes the UP menu choice didn't step me all the way back to the
main menu.

7.  I can drag symbols in a menu to other parts of the menu and they
would stay there instead of snapping back.  This is more noticeable on
sub-menus with lots of blank space.  This isn't a problem as the menus
always reset when going back to them.

8.  When scrolled down to the bottom of a long menu and picking a
symbol, the sub-menu that follows would be off the screen and I would
need to scroll up.  A return to the top of the page would be useful here.

Bill