[sw-l] SignBank International Project

Sun Apr 3 15:39:10 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 3, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka from Poland wrote:
> Val, thank you very much for your explanations regarding SignWriting
> Literacy Project. But (I am very sorry!) I got confused when writing
> the question. I wanted to ask for the SignBank International Project,
> an issue that was mentioned on the List some time ago. I got the
> archieve but I don't know details yet. And as to the SignWriting
> Literacy Project, I'll be speaking of it at the uni too. Last few days
> I could not concentrate on anything, everybody in Poland are sad and
> moved. John Paul II was an idol for the Poles...

Hello Everyone and Lucy!
I have been thinking of you in Poland. John Paul II brought world focus
to Poland, and we all have learned so much about Poland because of him.
Here in the US they have had history lessons on Polish history, on
television, because of John Paul II. Quite a remarkable history!! You
should feel very proud...smile...

As you know, the SignWriting Literacy Project, and the SignBank
International Project, are two very different projects. I am glad you
will be writing about BOTH projects ;-)

I will send you a description of the SignBank International Project in
a few days...Thanks for all you are doing...