[sw-l] NISL: is it a language or a dialect?

Mon Apr 4 14:01:12 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 4, 2005

On Apr 3, 2005, at 12:41 PM, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> I have an interview tmw at Trinity College
> Dublin to discuss the possibility of doing the Masters in Applied
> Linguistics - it'll be on NISL: is it a language or a dialect?
>
> Good news - I will deffo use SignWriting in my proposed thesis (if
> there is
> one!) which would be of some benefit :-)

That is good news, Shane! And since there are others, such as Patrick
Matthews and Dr. Lorraine Leeson, at the Centre for Deaf Studies at
Trinity College, who are already using SignWriting, they may find this
an interesting project! You can show them your NISL SignPuddle on the
computer - ha!! smile...

Good luck with your interview!