[sw-l] using SignWriting to index Stokoe's dictionary

Kimberley A. Shaw kshaw at WELLESLEY.EDU
Tue Apr 5 18:24:18 UTC 2005

Hello Val:.
I like the idea of cross-checking Stokoe with the SW dictionary ... but I
guess I'll have to get Sign Editor re-installed on my new 'puter to do so!
But I thought that the ASL SignBank signs couldn't be cut-and-pasted
elsewhere?
Also, of course, am still wanting to know: when will the ASL-English
segment of the Sutton dictionary be in print?? I would love to fill up the
other half of that white 3-ring binder sitting on my bookshelf at home.
And my library wants its copy as well.
I do plan on adding more signs to SignPuddle ASL (have been doing so as
"Kim from Boston"), and this would be a good way to keep going with that;
I'll put in a note when the signs are from Stokoe (as opposed to the ones
learned in class).
Signmail is a lot of fun! I have been been keeping in touch with an
ASL-class buddy that way -- she loves it. But needing to gloss does make
our e-mail signing style very different from our in-person signing style,
and *much* more English.  :>
Best,
Kim

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 at 1:54 PM -0500