[sw-l] asl picture dictionnary -> LSF Swiss french picture dictionnary ?

Mon Apr 11 20:40:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 11, 2005

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> just a question to know if we could adapt the asl picture dictionnary
> into  LSF Swiss french picture dictionnary

Yes! Absolutely. There are two ways to do it....

Method 1
1. Download the Picture Dictionary document
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs1/sw0078-US-Pict-Dict-1.pdf
or
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0111-US-PictDict-ASL-Eng.pdf
or
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0112-US-PictDict-Eng-ASL.pdf

2. Then create the Swiss-French signs in SignPuddle.

3. Then follow the instructions I gave you last week on the List about
"How to Translate" SignWriting books...

Did you follow those lessons, Anny?

Method 2:
1. Use the SignBank program to create your Swiss-French version.
SignBank already has the illustrations inside it and you can print in
20 formats, once you have the signs in SignBank that you need

2. To do that, you would need to download SignBank, and then add all
the signs...

That takes some technique, so if you can do Method 1 above it will be
faster for you!