[sw-l] ITALY QUESTION...SignWriter Java?

Wed Apr 27 13:57:31 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 27, 2005

On Apr 26, 2005, Barbara Pennacchi from Italy wrote:
> 1) SignWriter Java and its successor... what kind of software license
> do they have? I ask this, because we have some colleagues that are
> interested in it and would really like to contribute. Is there a
> mailing list reserved to us "geeks"? And, uh, where can I find a
> detailed list of bugs related to SignWriter Java?

Hello Barbara and Everyone...
SignWriter Java was filled with soooo many bugs, that all computer
programmers who looked at it, finally realized that it had to be
re-built from the ground-up, in a newer version of Java. The re-build
was taken on by a Deaf programmer from German-Switzerland, Daniel
Noelpp. Daniel calls the new version SignWriter Tiger, because Tiger is
the name of the new version of Java...Daniel will have a test-version
of SignWriter Tiger, ready for testing, sometime in May. I will be
testing it, and I will ask others to help us test it too...Perhaps your
geek friends would enjoy helping us test?

------------

SignWriter Tiger
Developer:  Daniel Noelpp
d.noelpp at gmx.ch
SignWriter Tiger development page
http://www.SignWriter.org

Notice the website above....SignWriter.org....that is NOT the same as
SignWriting.org...so go to Daniel's SignWriter site, to see if you can
contribute...or write directly to Daniel....

-------------------

There is also another programmer in Germany, Lars Majewski, who has
developed software called SignWriter Python...in the Python computer
language....

SignWriter Python
Developer: Lars Majewski
dgs at takdoc.de
http://signwriter.takdoc.de

You can read about some of the software developed for SignWriting on
these web pages...

SignWriting Software Forum
http://signwriting.org/forums/software/

Plus, if you want to download sources, SignWriter Java's source code
web pages are:

SignWriter Java Sources
http://signwriting.org/forums/software/sw50/download/download01.html