[sw-l] using SignWriting to index Stokoe's dictionary

Kimberley A. Shaw kshaw at WELLESLEY.EDU
Wed Apr 6 14:34:29 UTC 2005

Hello Stuart, Val & all:
aha! Am halfway there ... got several signs when searching a plain "c"
hand in SignPuddle ASL -- but the signs for "search" or "strange" were not
among them, however, which *I* find strange! What would keep a search from
catching these signs? And what the heck does "fill" mean?
Best,
Kim

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 at 4:27 PM -0500
wrote:
>SignWriting List
>April 5, 2005
>
>Thank you, Stuart! There you go, Kimberley - You have your
>instructions. People search by symbols all the time now...
>
>Val ;-)
>
>-----------------
>

>On Apr 5, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>
>> Just go to:
>>
>> http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-US/signSearch.php
>>
>> Drag the handshape or movement you are looking for. Then click on the
>> type of match you want (Any, FIll, Exact, or Rotate) and then click on
>> search.
>>
>> Stuart
>>
>> On Apr 5, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Kimberley A. Shaw wrote:
>>
>>> How do I search by *sign* though? I'd really like a way to look
>>> things up
>>> when I know what the handshape/movement is, but not the meaning ...
>>> couldn't get signsearch to work, and I did remember to use Netscape,
>>> not
>>> Explorer ...