[sw-l] your sign for the Pope

Wed Apr 6 15:37:38 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 6, 2005

Charles Butler wrote:
> This does not answer my question.

I am sorry. I really tried to answer your question very hard!

> How do you distinguish "back of claw hand contacting chest" while
> kissing the air from "kiss third finger of hand".  You've got a dark
> hand so it can't go in front of the face, how do you show "which
> finger" is being kissed?

I don't believe it is physically possible to touch the chest with the
back of the hand, Charles. At least I cannot physically manage it. And
why couldn't you put a dark hand on top of a facial circle?...that
could be done if you want...and I did show touching the ring finger in
this one...if it was touching another finger the star would have to be
directed to the other finger...

Anyway, see attached. The first sign is the sign for bishop, and the
second one is the back of the claw hand touching the chest and it is
blowing air from a kiss mouth....Is that a real sign?