[sw-l] question about sign

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 13 22:38:28 UTC 2005

Hi Honza,

This is Charles.

I couldn't help but think of this sign for "cook" in ASL.

  It shows the kind of turning the hand over as you seem to want to show for what looks like miming "buttering a piece of toast" (your number 2).

I can read number 1 and number 2 just fine.

Honza <honza at ruce.cz> wrote:
Hi Val,

I haven't questioned you for a while, so now I am here again :-)

I am not sure how to shorten this sign. I hope it is right, but here is
noone to ask to.
Firs sign is writen (as you can see) without movement arrow, second with
movement arrow.
(so I wonder if second sign is written correctly.)
Third sign is almost the same, but the movement repeats two times.

thanks
Have a nice day
Honza

1) 2) 3)