[sw-l] Forward circular motions

Mon Apr 18 15:36:04 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 18, 2005

On Apr 18, 2005, at 7:52 AM, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> For some arrows like forward circular motions on wall or floor plane,
> is there a handwriting shortcut that people use to show the shading of
> thick and thin, or do you write it like the print version?

In Shorthand, which is different, we do not color anything in at all,
but in the Handwriting, I know I for one, still write the dark and
light on the circles because for me it has real meaning and I need it
to read it sometimes...but ask others too...Sandy, Stefan and others?
Do you write the darker sections of circles when you write by hand?

I think it varies from handwriter to handwriter - Handwriting has
always been very flexible...

How is your course in SignWriitng going, Stuart, in Iowa?