[sw-l] What is happening this week? smile...

Sun Apr 24 20:45:32 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 24, 2005

Dear SW List -
What is happening this week? Here are some of the jobs waiting on my
desk!

1. Belgium....Kathleen and Sara have new photos, new cards, and a new
Teacher's Report from the bi-lingual school in Belgium (Flemish Sign
Language)...and so I look forward to creating more Belgian web pages
and I will share them with the List...Thank you Kathleen and Sara!

2. Nicaragua...James Shepard Kegl sent me new reports on their progress
in two schools for the Deaf in Nicaragua...so new web pages there too!

3. Deaf Latino Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico, wants a
SignWriting presentation...can anyone help me with that? I would love
it!

4. England...Sarah Pearson's new dissertation on SignWriting is now
published...

5. SignPuddle is going through some very important improvements and
behind the scenes I am working with Stephen Slevinski...we are
coordinating two servers now, instead of one, since that was necessary
for technical reasons, so we can expand in the future...

6. New IMWA symbols...today I am completing improvements to the Finger
Movement Symbols in the IMWA and I hope they will be available in all
of the SignPuddles sometime this week...

7. Translating SignWriting books into different signed languages around
the world....that web area will be so much fun!! It will be a way for
us to discuss SignSpellings, as I create web pages documenting the
different translations..

Right now I am finishing number 6 above...so Charles Butler for Brazil,
  and Anny in French-Switzerland, can write some of their Finger Trills
;-)

I hope all of you are happy and loving every minute of your life...

Feel free to report to us about your work too!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages