[sw-l] FLANDERS Happy Birthday Card Posted

Tue Apr 26 15:04:32 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 26, 2005

Hello Everyone!
Thank you for your lovely new card, Stefan and Kathleen...and maybe
Tini too? smile...

This card is now on the web:

Happy Birthday in Flemish Sign Language
http://www.signwriting.org/cards/birthday/cards03.html

and Kathleen - notice how I changed the signs slightly on the card
itself...The smile, I feel, is more important than the area of
contact...and the two symbols...the smile and the area for
contact...collide with each other...they touch each other and is hard
to see the smile properly...so I eliminated the area of contact...I
think we can assume that people will still read the sign properly...but
the signs for Happy Birthday in your Flemish SignPuddle are still not
changed...maybe you should change them?...Why does this matter? Because
there is another mouth symbol that actually looks a little like the
same thing, and I think it could be misread...smile...