[sw-l] To SignWriting, Mayfest 2005 Booth Display in Ottawa

Tue Apr 26 17:48:15 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 26, 2005

Dear SW List:
Are there any List members in Canada who would like to attend this
Mayfest celebration? I personally cannot pay for a booth, but the event
may be interesting for some of you who live near by!!  Here is the
information:

-----------------------------

April 25, 2005

Dear Friend;
Mayfest is an annual cultural event in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
community. This celebration has taken place in Ottawa since 1991. We
are a non-profit organization. This event draws attendees from across
Ontario. Family, friends and supporters in the community come together
to recognize their culture, provide community awareness and raise funds
to support program initiatives.

The Ottawa Mayfest Planning Committee is a group of representative
stakeholders. These people are from various agencies and clubs that
work with Deaf, Deafened and the Hard of Hearing. Our traditional day
event consists of games for the children and information booths from
the different organizations that represent the community.

Your presence at our event will help raise awareness in the community
about your services. We are asking for you to purchase a demonstration
booth for our day activities. The event will be at the Tom Brown Arena,
141 Bayview Rd, Ottawa ON from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on

Saturday, May 28, 2005.

Proceeds are donated to community activities such as Deaf and Hard of
Hearing Children's camp and other local projects. We hope that this
year you can contribute. Thank you in advance for your time and
consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions
you may have.

Sarah Colbeck
Ottawa Mayfest 2005
Committee Chair