[sw-l] description of signs

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Wed Apr 27 17:52:52 UTC 2005

I think Honza is right! A description box is missing.

Lucy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Honza
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 1:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] description of signs

  Hi,

  I that mean a little bit different:
  There is already field Name, Definition, Source.
  You know  ;-) SW is international. If I am non-english-speaking user I have to fill NAME in in my language (so people from my country can understand),
  so than if I like also people from another countries can understand what that sign means, I have to fill DESCRIPTION with name of sign in english. So now, there is no space left for description (in my language and english too) of that sign, that is very important for for use of that sign.
  So I like there is 5 column. Name (native spoken language), Description (native), Name (english (optional)), Description (en), Source.

  Thanks. I just ask, if it is possible.
  I think this is very important if you like to know some signs from another sign language, but if you don't know their spoken language, it is quite complicate to find that sign.. 8-)

  Have a nice day :-)
  Honza

  Valerie Sutton wrote:
    SignWriting List
    April 24, 2005

    Honza in the Czech Republic wrote:

      every sign has a NAME, DESCRIPTION.
      This time we have to write english meaning of signs in Description column.
      Is it possible to add there NAME (in english) and DESCRIPTION (in english)?

    Hello Everyone, and Honza -
    Thank you for this question. Are you asking that we add another field, called DESCRIPTION, added to Definition and Source? So there would be 4 fields instead of 3?...Name, Definition, Description and Source?