[sw-l] ITALY...Inviting Editors

Thu Apr 28 13:56:20 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 28, 2005

Barbara Pennacchi wrote:
>> And did you know, Barbara, that I can send you an invitation to
>> become an Editor of your Italian SignPuddle? And then you can delete
>> signs and rename signs...anyone can add a sign, but only the Editors
>> can delete or rename signs...
>
> Just a question: if I receive in email this invitation and then I
> become an editor, can I then issue other invitations to other people?

Hello Everyone, and Barbara!
At this moment, we are using SignPuddle 1.0, which was programmed so
that only the tech-support people (Stephen Slevinski and myself) could
invite the Editors...

Later this year, and it may be several months, we will have SignPuddle
2.0...and then you will be able to invite other Editors yourself, if
you are already an Editor...

So for right now, send me the email addresses of all the people you
want me to invite, and will be happy to invite them all. They will
receive an email message asking them to click on a link to establish
their password. Once you do that, then you can log into the Dictionary
Editors area, and when you search for signs, you can then delete or
rename them...

Meanwhile anyone can add signs without becoming an Editor, so your
co-workers could start adding signs anytime...smile...and if they enter
the Dictionary Editors area, even if they are not Editors yet, they can
still search for signs and do some fancy things...just not delete or
rename signs...

Whom do you want me to invite as Editors?....Please send me their email
addresses to my private email...Many thanks!

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org