[sw-l] ITALY...Use FireFox web browser for SignPuddle

Thu Apr 28 15:30:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 28, 2005

Barbara Pennacchi wrote:
> The slowness of signPuddle is due not only to users' connection speed,
> but also to the "distance" between user and server.

SignPuddle 2.0 will be faster than SignPuddle 1.0, is my guess. Plus we
are working on a desktop version of SignPuddle where you could work
offline...So perhaps Stephen Slevinksi can assist your group on
uploading it to your Italian server in the future....

Plus you still have SignWriter DOS, SignWriter Java, SignWriter Python
and soon SignWriter Tiger, plus other programs that you can use on your
desktop right now...

But meanwhile you can still add a few signs into SignPuddle right now,
so we can discuss them on our SignWriting List...You have already added
two..so obviously it can be done....and it helps our discussions on the
SignWriting List...it is a good way to share the signs your are
concerned with writing...

So let us be glad for what we have, and that the future looks bright!

I would feel honored if your team in Rome would enjoy adding a few
signs to SignPuddle occasionally...You might find that some people will
really love it!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org