[sw-l] ITALY...Tech Support for SignPuddle

Fri Apr 29 19:15:32 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 29, 2005

Barbara Pennacchi wrote:

>> Barbara - One important point - Please do not use any underscores in
>> the
>
> Hmmm, *now* would be a good time to ask you what else I shouldn't use
> in sign names, or (better) put in the page of sign insertion a list of
> the "forbidden characters" :-)

Smile...You are right. I had no idea the underscore was a problem
myself until now!

Stephen is on the SW List to answer technical support questions, so
Stephen...help...smile...

Or you can write to him privately for tech support...

Stephen Slevinski
SignPuddle Developer
slevinski at signwriting.org

And Stephen is working on a new version of SignPuddle that will, I
believe, include Unicode, so it will be more sophisticated. Right now,
SignPuddle 1.0 has some problems with unusual characters and accents
that are normal in other spoken languages, but in the basic ASCII
characters are not...so until SignPuddle 2.0 is ready I would suggest
just keeping the writing in Italian as simple as possible...some of the
accents in your Italian words may be hard to search on also...I am not
sure...

Anyway, this will be rectified in the new version...