AW: [sw-l] New Web posting on ICED Conference

midori at A.TSUKUBA-TECH.AC.JP midori at A.TSUKUBA-TECH.AC.JP
Wed Aug 10 02:42:50 UTC 2005

Hello, Valery, Stefan and everyone who participated the SW symposium, and others on this list.

I am Midori Matsufuji from Japan, who attended the symposium with my colleage Kazuhiko Otsuka after attending the ICED Conference. His photo is on the page 8 with the script of eswo_japan2. Is he the same guy as Stefan shows? Absolutely not.

The guy standing by Inglid is Masahiko Suto. Both of them are my colleagues at Tsukuba College of Technology. Here is our homepage: <http://www.tsukuba-tech.ac.jp/collegee.htm>.

Anyway, thank you for letting us join the EUROPEAN symposium. We had a great time with the people there. I have known of the existence of SignWriting for a long time, but I didn't know how it practically works. It seems it is making a huge progress owing to the new computer technology.

Now I am translating "Das Zeichen Article English Translation" into Japanese to let people here to know about SW. It is easier for me to translate from English than from German, though I sometimes have to go to the original text to confirm what it means, like, Ice - egg - rice - one (smile). So I am glad to know the new book by Stefan will be translated into English. It is really a wonderful book and I think it should be translated into Asian Languages including Japanse and Chinese. Please think about it after European translations are completed.

Regards,
Midori

 --- sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu ---