PHILIPPINES and NETHERLANDS

Mon Aug 15 14:59:16 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 15, 2005

Hi Suzanne -
It is a good idea for later...SignPuddle 1.0...the one we are using
now...is on a server that does not support Unicode...so I would have
to take pictures of the written languages and post them as graphics,
and I do not have the time right now! Writing Czech would be very
hard because our current web server does not have support for those
alphabetic characters . I need to take a picture of the names in each
script...Japanese for example...The Arabic Nations section should be
written in Arabic...

Perhaps for the new private SignPuddles that are coming this Fall,
which will support Unicode...I can hone all the writing about each
language in the language from that country...smile...that will be a
great idea!

This Fall we will have two SignPuddles...

Community SignPuddles are the ones we are using right now. They are
open to anyone who wants to add signs. And we will continue to use
them no matter what.

Private SignPuddles, for specific projects, which can be published on
the web as official, unchangeable dictionaries with video, are coming
this Fall. Research groups or anyone who wants a private Puddle, can
pay a fee to be able to upload video etc...And the private Puddles
will have Unicode support for writing is many spoken languages...

So a lot to look forward to!  Val ;-)