AW: [sw-l] question about sign (on arm)

Sun Aug 21 14:29:44 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 21, 2005

On Aug 21, 2005, at 2:31 AM, Honza wrote:
> I am not very sure of use rub and brush, but I think that rub is
> circle movement.
> The hand never gets off the hand. Right hand is on the arm all the
> time.

In that case, Honza, what you want is a Rub symbol combined with
arrows, which means a straight rub in the direction of the arrows.
Brush means that the hand comes off the surface, but Rub means
staying on the surface. The Rub symbol only means circular, when
there are no other straight arrows connected to it...See the
following web page:

Rub Symbol
http://signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/085%20Contact-Rub.html