Saving from SignPuddle?

Thu Aug 25 14:40:57 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 25, 2005

Barbara Pennacchi wrote:
> there is no need to use Acrobat Distiller or any of their
> commercial (not-free) products to make PDF files. In most cases
> (namely, linux and MacOsX) there are opensource programs like
> ghostscript that do this job for free. I think it is possible to
> have and use ghostscript even on windows but, as I'm writing
> straight from memory, I do not have right now any information on
> that. Maybe using google will help you find Ghostscript's homepage.

Thanks for this information, Barbara!

Since the beginning of Mac OS X, including 1.0, there has been a way
to print to PDF built into the printer driver that comes with the
operating system. It is hard for me to imagine why anyone would want
Ghostscript for Mac OS X...but you are right that Ghostscript is
great for other operating systems...we have used it in DOS, for
example...