SignPuddle and mundbilder

Sat Aug 6 21:23:46 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 6, 2005

On Aug 6, 2005, at 1:31 PM, Suzanne Pach wrote:
> Inspired by the Brussels Symposium, I started playing with
> the Dutch SignPuddle. I managed to fill the empty puddle
> with the numbers 1 till 9, but for some reason I added the
> numbers 6 and 9 twice. So, is there a way to remove signs
> you did add the the dictionary? (by the way, in signpuddle
> it is written 'Netherlands Sign Language'. This sounds
> slightly strange to me. Well, I don't mind, but for some
> reason the English always seem to call us Dutch... or am I
> wrong?)

Hello Suzanne!
So you attended the SW Symposium in Brussels? Great. I see you became
inspired to try to use SignPuddle...I am so glad!

If you would prefer to be listed under D for Dutch Sign Language on
the opening directory page, I can change that icon for you, but the
link sgn-NL still has to remain the same, now that the link is
established on the internet I do not want to change it...plus the
international postal code for the Netherlands is NL...we are using
the standard postal codes as our method of linking to the nearly 40
signed language regions now...

So this will be your url no matter what...

Sign Language of the Netherlands
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-NL

Regarding the English word Dutch, versus the word Netherlands, I feel
I need to change that whole directory page to have the name of the
sign languages to be in both the native spoken language of the
country, and also in English in smaller size type...So in time I will
need your word in Dutch for Dutch...smile...if you know what I mean!

Now, in regards to deleting signs in your SignPuddle...Anyone can add
signs, without being an editor, but to delete and rename signs, you
need to become an Editor...by invitation only (smile) and now I will
invite you! So I will send you an invitation through email privately
establish your password...

Then after you become an editor, and you log into SignPuddle, you can
go into the Dictionary Editor section to rename and delete the signs...

Keep writing with questions...