PHILIPPINES and NETHERLANDS

Thu Aug 11 14:46:46 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 11, 2005

For the Philippines and the Netherlands...

I have now changed the names of your sign languages on the directory
page of SignPuddle...other changes need to be made on other
SignPuddle pages, but right now, this web page has been changed...
(see attached diagram)

SignPuddle Directory
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

When I lived in Denmark, I had been told that I should never use the
words Holland or Dutch...that the people of the Netherlands preferred
the words ... the Netherlands ... so I dropped the words Holland and
Dutch from my English vocabulary...so it seems strange to call it
Dutch Sign Language, but Suzanne of course knows best...I am only a
foreigner when it comes to these names, and trends change too...I was
told that, back in the 1970's!....So I am out-of-date... ;-)