Sign for Tokyo

Thu Aug 11 14:57:30 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 11, 2005

> Shane Ó hEorpa from Northern Ireland wrote:
> That’s my sign for Tokyo – a bit of a deviation u may notice!

Hello Shane and Midori!
THANK YOU, Shane, for posting some SignWriting. You have made me very
very happy!

And now I want to ask you both...Which sign is more accurate? The one
on the left, is writing movement twice up-diagonally, but the
emphasis is on the up-up. The sign on the right is writing the same
movement, but instead the emphasis is even...up-down-up...

Left sign...up-up
Right sign...up-down-up

A different feeling to the movement...I would actually pronounce
(produce) them differently...