CZECH REPUBLIC When does school start again?

Tue Aug 16 04:47:43 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 15, 2005

Dear Honza in the Czech Republic!
I am so excited. This is our first email to the List, written in
signs and fingerspelling from the Czech Republic. The reason there is
so much fingerspelling in this message is, that some of the word-
glosses did not exist in the Czech SignPuddle, so SignPuddle
substitutes fingerspelling when the sign is missing from the
dictionary...You have some signs to add to SignPuddle I see!

This is exciting for all of us, to learn some Czech signs,
fingerspelling and words too...Thank you, Honza!

I guess that ahoj means hello!! And look at the name Val. The letter
V has the palm facing the body. The letter A is trying to make the
picture of an A in the air with two hands, but the letter L is like
the western fingerspelling....smile...

I bet jiny means different or various? The sign for DIFFERENT in ASL,
for example, is like the one you have three times in this message so
I bet you are saying that the schools start at different times in
different parts of the Czech Republic? Val ;-)

PS. Honza...For some reason, the email you sent came to me privately.
I do not know how that happened, so I went up on the web and re-sent
it to the List, and at that time I chose to place it in vertical
columns rather than horizontal writing like you had in your original
message...just wanted to explain how it got in vertical columns!