When does school start again?

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 16 11:05:08 UTC 2005

We stop schools around June 20th, and start about now. Universities too
start now. We do have a winter holyday week, and in most places also a week,
or least several days, in the autoumn. Easter is 10 days off. May is full of
official holydays: May 1 (labor day),Acsecncion day (40days after Easter
Suday), pentecost (with monday for all and most often tuesday too off for
schools), May 17 (constitution day). So then there are exams and stuff after
that, and then the summer holyday.

A full school year is 38 full weeks - 180 days

Classroom time for a teacher depends on school level and subject - I think
now 22 to 15 lessons a week. The rest is preparation time, grading time,
counseling time, being-ajour-wiyh-your-subject time, and report making time.
A working week for a teacher is stipulated to 40-45 hours. The ususal
working week in Norway is 37,5 hours. The usual holyday time, appart from
the official holydays, is 5 weeks if you are under 60, 6 weeks if you have
passed 60 years of age.

Ingvild