Private lesson with Val

Nana Dumitra nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT
Wed Aug 17 04:53:26 UTC 2005

Hello everyone on the list,
Thanks to a donation by Neil Bauman, I got SW membership again for this
year. What I did not know at that time was that now it comes with one
free private lesson with Val! I was excited, but didn't really know what
I wanted to use the lesson for. Then she mailed the SW e-mail about when
school starts again, I wrote and answer in SW but by accident mailed it
to Val privately instead of the list. Now Val took the opportunity to
teach me more. It was really great! I could tell from my writing that it
looked different from what I saw e.g. in the ASL dictionary, but I did
not see where the "problem" was. Now Val graciously pointed out a basic
rule of SW and all of a sudden it makes more sense. She even put her
spelling suggestions into Filipino SignPuddle. I have not had time to
work on it, so maybe you want to take a look to see the differences! I
really enjoyed having Val check some of my writing and being able to
learn something. I am sure that will also be very good when teaching
others how to use SW. Thought I would let you all know, maybe you would
also enjoy a private lesson from Val. As far as I understand one comes
included in the membership, but then I think you can also get more for
additional payment, but Val probably knows more about that, right?
After I redo our signs, I will send my SW e-mail again, but this time to
the whole list so you can enjoy it, too.
Nana