CZECH Writing arms and shoulders (SKOLA)

Honza honza at RUCE.CZ
Wed Aug 17 07:33:47 UTC 2005

Hi Val and Nany, ok I'll try to write it down.

Yes there are on-line dictionary of czech sign language, but it is not
very vell. There are only some signs. It is not real dictionary.
I have full dictionary of czech sign language, but not now with me.

The movement in YOUNG and SKOLA (school) is similar (in SKOLA the
movement is up than back and again up), but I don't know where exactly
is the contatct made. In SKOLA the contact is on the side.

maybe SKOLA shoud look like this:

thanks.
Honza

nemery at u.washington.edu wrote: Honza,

this sounds a little like the ASL sign for "young", but with just one
hand.  Is the hand brushing upward twice, on the body near the
shoulder?  Maybe you could look up "young" in the ASL dictionary and see
if that seems close.  Is the movement like a circle, or is it mostly an
upward movement, and then going out and down just to return the hand so
it can brush up again?

Nancy