NORWAY Writing Some Norwegian Signs ;-)

Mon Aug 22 20:27:40 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 22, 2005

Hello Ingvild, Charles and everyone!

I want to thank Charles for writing several emails to our List
earlier this summer specifically addressing the issue of writing
jerky circles! I really appreciate those messages, Charles, and I am
sorry I did not comment earlier...You are right that one good way to
write a jerky circle is to cut the circle up into smaller arrows, and
then place the Tension Symbol, or other Dynamics symbols at the end
of each arrow...so based on that idea...please see the attached
screen capture from the Norwegian SignPuddle, where I just entered
one way to write a jerky circle (my example is number 2 in the
attached diagram)...

Actually I want to try to develop a better way to write this, so that
it is easier looking...This particular example (number 2) is
accurate, but too detailed, I think, for everyday use...it looks like
a researcher writing a sign for the first time...because that is
true...it was my first time writing jerky circles!

By the way, Ingvild, how many jerks per circle do you want?
smile...Val ;-)