FSL "June" spelling???

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 24 11:28:36 UTC 2005

It seems clear to me, once I looked at it again, I'm not sure of the orientation on the left hand, but the right hand is doing what it ought.

Charles Butler

Nana Dumitra <nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT> wrote:

Dear list,

I am just trying to enter the sign the deaf use most of the time for „June“ (some just spell it, but there is a sign that is more often used than the spelling). I am not sure if I am getting this right. The sign consists of two parts.

The first part you hold your left index finger in a half position. The right hand using an “i” shape brushes the curve of a letter “j” towards you. Then the second part of this sign takes the end position of the first part and turns it over the still extended index finger (similar to turning the page of a calendar). During this movement the “i” shape of the right hand changes into an “e” shape.

This is my attempt at it. Any suggestions?

http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-PH/dict/sl/June_2.png

I don’t know why, but it seems I did something wrong when I wanted to copy this sign into the e-mail. Please go to the link and look it up there. If someone who is more computer literate than me knows what I did wrong, I would appreciate it (I did it the same way last time and it worked
)

Thank you,

Nana