Czech alphabet letter Z

Fri Aug 26 18:24:11 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 26, 2005

> Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
>> Today I wrote my version of how to write the letter Z (one
>> version)  of the Czech manual alphabet with two hands. The thicker
>> arm line  is an indicator for being close to the body
----------------------

Hello Everyone, and Stefan!
Many thanks for the illustration of the Czech fingerspelling for the
letter Z. Your life-like illustration of the arms is really excellent!

The thicker arm line means the arm that is closest to the reader, in
both Expressive and Receptive views.

In the Expressive View, the reader is sitting behind the signer and
seeing through the signer's body. So the arm that is closest to the
reader is also closest to the signer's chest...So what you say above,
Stefan is true.

But in the Receptive View, the reader is facing the signer. So the
thicker arm line is the one closest to the reader...namely the one
that is seen in front of the other...

Here is an illustration..I have added the Receptive view at the
bottom...