Happy new year

Sat Dec 31 18:29:03 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
December 31, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka in Poland wrote:
> In fact, wonderful pics. All of yours :-)
> And Silvester is the patron of Dec. 31, and after him the night of
> welcoming the New Year is called so, at least in Central Europe :-)
> Lucy

------------------

Hello Lucy and Stefan!
Thank you for explaining about Silvester. I guess he is the Patron
Saint of New Years Evening? Even though I lived in Denmark once, I
never heard of Silvester. That is new for me. Thanks for educating me!

I have really enjoyed hearing from List members about the different
holiday celebrations around the world...There are so many
differences...even within the European nations...

Here in the US, generally, New Years Eve is a time to go to parties,
drink, laugh and enjoy a late evening with friends, and count the
minutes down to the New Year...Some fireworks perhaps, and some funny
hats and confetti...smile...

Then on New Years Day, there are football games and the Rose Bowl
Parade in Pasadena, California...a time to relax with family.

2006 will be a great year, filled with many SignWriting events...

I will be back on the List January 2nd, 2006!