CZECH sign for Christmas

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 15 10:35:31 UTC 2005

everyone,

only 10 days to go before Christmas Day and i havent even bought any
big presents yet (im very poor!)

yesterday we have prepared 50 ten-years-old (non-deaf) kids at a local
school to sign-sing RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER at their annual
Christmas Carol Services at the big church before 200-250 people - it
went down VERY well - and it have brought even more awareness about
our beautiful language - for this, I am very pleased. My work, the
Sign Language Centre Belfast, is working hard on this :-)

The second good news - im not sure if I have emailed this list about
that, but I was appointed as one of the Trustees for the Deaf School
here - that means it will be easier for me to introduce signwriting to
the school - and maybe, Kathleen, that I can get the school to work
with your school! I will keep u informed on this development - i am
very excited about this :-)

Shane of Belfast