[sw-l] Reading Diacritics in SignMail program...

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Wed Feb 2 12:55:58 UTC 2005

I am using the programisty (Programmer's) keyboard. To type a C with the palatalizing diacritic I use the right Alt key plus the c key (at the same time). My laptop's keyboard is QWERTY. So, Y is y, Z is z :-), only the letters typical for Polish are missing but I just use the Alt key to type them. Here is a test (I am curious to see if they appear proper on this List:
óśćżźłęą

Lucyna
  Val:
  I changed my Mac over to the Polish Keyboard...They have two Polish keyboards listed...which one are you using, and can you give us the exact keystrokes you use, when you type a diacritic...?...For example, how would you type the C with the accent on top, or the a with the accent? - I notice that the letter z is where the US keyboard has the y and the y is where the z is...the period key is where the comma key is in the US keyboard and next to the p key there is an o with an accent...ó ....and above that is a z with an accent ż where we have dashes on the US keyboard...