[sw-l] LIBRAS

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Thu Feb 3 04:23:39 UTC 2005

Chas,

Can you tell us more about LIBRAS?

I don’t know if u did say anything about it but please do let me know,

Shane

From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Charles Butler
Sent: 02 February 2005 18:39
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: RE: [sw-l] Sign for Leprechaun?

The sign for leprechaun in LIBRAS is "small person with pointy ears", but
unfortunately "duende" can also be translated, dwarf, hobbit, or several
other creatures, and a Vulcan is a large person with pointy ears.

Such are the beauties of mythological creatures.  Making "small person in
green with pointy ears" might make leprechaun, but I'm not Irish.  I will be
curious to know.

Charles Butler

Sandy Fleming <sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:
Ohhhhh...

Sorry, this message was meant for Shane only! :)

Sandy