[sw-l] LESSONS SignWriting Symbols

Mon Feb 14 20:15:28 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 14, 2005

So as Stefan correctly explained earlier, these two writings mean
exactly the same thing...just from different viewpoints. And both are
correct. I agree that the spelling from the Front View is easier to
read, and I personally would choose that one too...

And Charles, I can understand the frustrations, since our system has
changed so much since the early 1980's, when you first learned
SignWriting...That was 20 years ago! At that time we did not have as
many choices...I hope this explanation has helped to understand the new
way we are writing...

And Kathleen and Sara...if I were you, I would put both these
SignSpellings in your dictionaries, and place the Front View first, and
the Top View second...Why not? smile...