[sw-l] LESSONS in Finger Movements

Thu Feb 17 00:08:17 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 16, 2005

Dear SW List Members!
As you know, right now we are studying how to write Finger Movements.
If you look at this video...

> Flemish sign for Papa
> http://gebaren.ugent.be/alfabet.php?id=18355

You will see the Flemish sign for Papa. Please see my attached diagram.
I captured one position from the video. The fingers touch twice, in
this position. Notice how I wrote the sign below. The two Finger
Movement Arrows are separated, and side by side, not on top of each
other...And they point down, in the direction of the movement...That is
read: Close-Close. The accent is on the contacting at the end...I will
explain more next message...There is quite a bit more to explain as to
why it is written this way...