[sw-l] SignWriting | Theoretical issues

Mon Feb 21 23:40:35 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 21, 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 1:56 PM, Anne van Rossum wrote:
> SignWriting is a feature-based notation, so concepts can be arranged
> in some order. I saw five entrees (link); why where these entrees
> chosen?

The sequence of symbols in SignWriting is called the
Sign-Symbol-Sequence or SSS. In the International Movement Writing
Alphabet, which is our entire set of symbols for writing all body
movement and all signed languages, there are 50 groups of symbols. You
can learn more about the SSS by visiting these web pages....

View the Symbols in Groups
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-US/create.php

or look at these web pages:
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignMaker04.html