[sw-l] signed languages need written forms

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Tue Feb 22 18:00:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:

> > ... In his "Deaf nationalism" Rée expresses his opinion that that
> > signed languages need written forms. ...
>
> Trevor - Thanks for this info - So who is going to contact this author
> to inform him about SignWriting?

If he were still a lecturer at the very university where I'm reading for a
degree in Deaf Studies then I'd volunteer to knock on his door. :-) He
left Middlesex shortly before this new degree programme started. As
Prospect Magazine have published several other essays of his in previous
issues they'd presumably have a forwarding address if we can't locate him
directly.

A protracted Google search eventually found an email address that looks as
if it might be his; further googlations suggests that it was valid by
matching partial address details given in other publications. I will try
an exploratory message and report back if there is a response.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!