[sw-l] PNGs and other graphics formats

Sun Feb 27 07:22:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 26, 2005

Charles Butler wrote:
> .....I have a low powered email server at home called Explorer, and to
> look at all your lovely .pngs, I have to go to your graphic, open it
> separately, not be able to simply look at it in the body of the email,
> like any other script.  I thought that was the whole point of
> SignPuddle and SignBank so that we would have a true writing system
> not a graphic system with separate little graphic illustration boxes
> that some of us can open and others not.

Hello Charles and Everyone!
Thank you for this message.... I am not sure why you are having
problems reading attached PNGs, Charles, but I suspect it cannot ONLY
be because it is a PNG...since when you paste a SignPuddle graphic
inside an email message they are PNGs too...there has to be another
reason why you are having these problems...All PNGs are welcome posted
on the SignWriting List. Our List accepts GIFs, PNGs, JPEGs...and we
need to be tolerant of different ways people do email...I have to do
special things to read some diagrams myself sometimes...so you are not
alone in that...I believe this is true for everyone...You are right the
PNGs are newer formats that some old computers do not recognize...but
you are recognizing them inside the email message when you paste from
SignPuddle...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org