[sw-l] Sign for Leprechaun?

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Thu Feb 3 16:14:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa <shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at franc...:

> RIGHT...the sign for lepruchuan - I have asked 6 different people - and only
> one matched my sign (lazy sign maybe?)

:-)

> 2. LONG MR SPOOK EARS (both hands) - SMALL-CHILD - IRISH (in NISL)

Which sign for IRISH is that? BSL has two. The common one (i.e. the only
one that seems to be taught on BSL Level 1 courses) is proform LEGS
dancing on back of non-dominant hand. Less common is the one described by
others here as flicking the shamrock from the shoulder; though I prefer
the political explanation of kicking it being kicking the English out of
the Republic. ;-)

My usage is for the "common" one only in contexts of Northern Ireland; the
"lesser" when refering to Ireland as either an island and as a Republic. :-|

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!