[sw-l] Signs in living color

Thu Feb 10 23:49:56 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 10, 2005

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> The short answer is yes.  Signs could be colored when pulling from the
> dictionary.  I would only need some rules to apply.
> However, 2 dictionaries still have many signs that are images only:
> sgn-US (ASL) and sgn-DE.  Image only signs can not be loaded into
> SignMaker.  Neither could image only signed be colored.

In time, those signs will be re-done with SignMaker...it is just a
matter of time...

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> That makes sense, since you have no build data on those signs. I
> wonder if it would help the editors of those dictionaries if there was
> a way to quickly identify signs that are still image-only? Then when
> we are browsing the dictionary and notice a sign that is marked as
> image only, we could edit it as we notice it?

Login as a Dictionary Editor, search for a sign. If there is no LOAD
button next to that sign, you know it has to be re-done from
scratch...All editors can find signs that have no LOAD button, and will
know those signs have to be re-done in SignMaker. Be sure to delete the
old one, when you are done adding the new replacement...

So all Editors could work on this right now, if we all had nothing to
do - ha!! smile...