AW: AW: [sw-l] the mini-conference or seminar in Brussels

Sat Feb 12 06:39:33 UTC 2005

Hi Charles, Sara, Kathleen,

well – the two writings are to be performed the same – palm of hand facing
the signer  is shown in both spellings!  I agree though with Charles that
most of the time I would prefer the wall –plane perspective ( that is no
gap) if the hand is parallel to the body.

If we write the same orientation from top-down view (floor plane) you will
pay attention to the gap at the knuckle – joint.

Floor-plane presentation is very rarely needed as long as the hand is
parallel to the body – but as soon as the hand moves out in an angle you are
happy to be able to switch to the floor plane presentation – there would be
no other way to indicate that otherwise.

So both spellings describe the movement of the video – unless you accept
that the signer moves his lips in order to say (voiceless) Bruss.. But in
order to understand that you would have to be familiar with that sign ;-) -
So I prefer to add the Mundbilder  following the general idea: We write,
what we see --- but we can only see what we know of ( smile)

Stefan ;-)

  _____