AW: [sw-l] LESSONS in Finger Movements

Wed Feb 16 20:27:25 UTC 2005

Hi Val – and all

I am sitting in your email - class and looking forward to following the
lessons very motivated –

The difference?

hinge – one or all fingers as a unit -

vs.

fingerthrill – fingers move not in a unit but differently up and down –

Still in trouble for fingerthrill – if only one arrow on top of the other –
I only use two or four (smile!) in my documents.

Two – if index and middle fingers move “against” each other --  four –if all
four fingers move alternating ...

My advice for my workshop participants: Try to find a typical example that
can be associated with any handshape-symbol and any  single symbol that you
want to understand

in this case:

bird – vs – go or in German DGS   How many, computer, piano, “have you got”

Thanks a lot for your support

Stefan ;-))

  _____